Lost Librarian

This is a blog set-up to discuss topics relating to the web and libraries. LIS753-Internet Fundamentals and Design.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

RSS, OPML, HTML, XML, H.E.L.P.!

Okay, so I am a bit overwhelmed. I really want to learn about all of this new technology but where do I start? Blogging I get, IMing I'm there, Wikis almost....but podcasting, RSS, OPML well let's just say I have a slight clue. If it weren't for my really dumb questions to my fiance who happens to be a software engineer, I'd be really lost. Do I just close my eyes and jump in, or do I need to do extensive research first?

Then there is my final webpage for my Internet Fundamentals class, oh it's like staring at a blank canvas without my muse. Although the canvas in this case is my screen and some joker stole my paint brushes and left me with a mere keyboard. I am feeling anything but creative, and I really want to turn something in that won't leave me feeling embarassed. (Or with a really bad grade)

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hi Karyn,

I was in Michael's class last semester. It was a great experience. Trust me, we all felt the same way after our first weekend. As you continue to meet, things will start to come together. You'll end up surprising yourself!

If it will help, you can take a look at some of the final webpages of students in my class. They're posted here.
(I opted to not post my final project on that list because of the sensitivity of the content.)

However, if you want to draw on your canvas without being tainted by other finished canvases, don't look at the pages.

Good luck!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Shenita said...

You feel much like I do. I really want to do well in this class and really well on the final projest but its hard because in many ways I feel lost but I think we'll all do fine.

I to am in my last stretch of classes for the degree but I think if we had be offered more than just this one class in internet design we would be better off. But I think we'll get through and amaze ourselves.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Okay so both of your comments made me feel a lot better! Natalie, thanks for the link I did look at some of the websites and now I am a little more nervous because they were so good!
Shenita, I agree maybe if I had more experience with this I wouldn't be so nervous. Thanks!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger herehereo said...

wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
world of warcraft gold
runescape
runescape money
buy runescape money
wow gold
cheap wow gold
buy wow gold
world of warcraft gold
guild wars
guild wars gold
buy guild wars gold
maple story
maple story mesos
maplestory mesos
age of conan
age of conan gold
buy age of conan gold
aoc gold
buy aoc gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home