Lost Librarian

This is a blog set-up to discuss topics relating to the web and libraries. LIS753-Internet Fundamentals and Design.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Young Adult webpage at AHML

The library I work at just added a new young adult webpage! I took a look at it for the first time yesterday and well it has a neat feature on it....a little section where young adults can find out how to IM their questions directly to a librarian! I really think that adding the IM feature to a young adult webpage is really great! I know so many young adults who IM on a daily maybe even hourly basis and this is a perfect place to reach out and pull them into the library. Intitially maybe they will think it is a bit nerdy chatting with their public librarian over IM but after they get over the nerdy factor I think a lot of young adults would really get into it! How fun. I really wish that a lot of this was around when I was younger.

Going along with the young adult webpage theme, I also checked out some of the other features that Michael linked to on his blog, "The Alternative Teen Services Blog"and I was really surprised to see that there were a few libraries that actually had MySpace accounts how neat. Another great way to go to where the young adults are and pull them into the library environment! Very fun! With that I need to find more young adult webpages to get some inspiration for my webpage project for class!

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger veronica said...

That is so amazing! I know that the online reference chat for Illinois is trying very hard to get all of the public libraries in the state to do just what your library is doing. Congratulations on working for such a proactive library...please let me know how your stats go in the next couple of months.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger herehereo said...

wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
world of warcraft gold
runescape
runescape money
buy runescape money
wow gold
cheap wow gold
buy wow gold
world of warcraft gold
guild wars
guild wars gold
buy guild wars gold
maple story
maple story mesos
maplestory mesos
age of conan
age of conan gold
buy age of conan gold
aoc gold
buy aoc gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home